Original Posted By: "Jack Philips"
This posting just went out from William Wynne and I just want to put it in thisforum in order to get the word out -Builders:We unfortunately have to postpone College #39 at Barnwell SC which was scheduledfor November. We have previously had 7 outstanding Colleges at Barnwell, andP.F. Beck and crew have set the gold standard for hosting Colleges. However,Barnwell is a county airport, and it's operation is overseen by a local board.January 1, 2017 sees the arrival of a revised board which again welcomes ourevent. We looked at many dates, eliminating all the January and February datesbecause of the prevailing temperature We have selected March 10-12th, 2017 asthe revised date for Corvair College #39. All other things about the event, thelocation, quality, facility and traditional welcome, will all remain the same.The choice to reschedule did not come lightly. All of us understand the level ofprep work that builders have put in, and the time off from work and travel plans,etc. If there was some way to avoid this, or any other area location thatcould provide the same quality experience, we would have gladly taken that optionover a postponement. After looking at all possible options, postponing theCollege was the only viable choice.I have spent many hours in discussion with Dan Weseman to provide options for builderswho's projects would be delayed by the postponement, or people who cannot adjust their scheduled travel. We are very serious about trying to accommodateevery individual who doesn't have the option of attending the rescheduledevent. While Barnwell has been and will remain the "flagship" Corvair College,and most people will opt to simply transfer their registration to the new date,Dan and I have spoken about running a Finishing School at the SPA/Pantherfacility in Green Cove Springs FL on the same date that CC#39 was originallyscheduled for. We are 250 miles south of Barnwell, and this event would not bea full scale regular college, but it will be an option for builders put in abind by the rescheduled date.After looking at your personal calendar, I need everyone who is signed up for CC#39to choose one of the following options this week:1) Select to attend Corvair College #39 at Barnwell on the rescheduled date inMarch 2017. Your registration costs will be directly applied, and you will besigned up for the new date, there will be no additional costs.2) Select a refund for your registration costs. This will be sent back to you infull. Although we don't control the factor causing the postponement, I am morethan willing to refund any builders sign up cost, it is just part of treatingpeople as fairly as possible. Keep in mind that we have about 70 people alreadysigned up for #39, and the physical limit of Barnwell is 90 builders. Ifyou opt for a refund, I will gladly provide it, but I am going to announce therevised dates on my website shortly, and if we refund your sign up fee and laterfill the college to capacity of 90, I will not be able to fit anyone elsein at the revised dates.I understand this is short notice, but I really need everyone signed up for #39to respond to with their choice to shelleytumino(at)gmail.com, by September 3rd.If you think that your choice hinges on the ability to attend the Florida FinishingSchool on the original date, please contact Dan, Rachel and I at this address:flywithspa.com/contact-us/ We will give you a quick answer on space availableand if the phase of your engine build is better served by a full Collegeor a Finishing School. Keep in mind that you can select to stay signed up forcollege #39 at the revised date, and potentially still attend the FinishingSchool.Again, my humble apologies for the problems this change in schedule will cause.While I can not change the situation, I am very willing to try to accommodatebuilders needs. Thanks in advance for your understanding on this. We don't controleverything in life, but we do control how we react to it, and I am mostappreciative of everyone's positive attitude about this situation.Thank you.William Wynneflycorvair.com/ - flycorvair.net/--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
Pietenpol-List: Corvair College #39 Rescheduled for March 10-12, 2017
An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1