Pietenpol-List: N899AC Piet in N. California

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: N899AC Piet in N. California

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Doig >
Friends, this is from Jeffrey Doig, John's brother. N899AC is for sale due to John's passing. Below is the email from Jeffrey, don't contact me because I don't have any other information. There are plenty of very good pictures of the airplane on westcoastpiet.com but it has a C90 engine with alternator but no starter (hand prop), nice instrumentation both front and rear cockpits. I believe the airplane is in Redding, CA.________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Corvair Piet performance report

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rick Schreiber
On 9/24/2016 10:39 PM, Steven Dortch wrote:>> Ditto on the military paint job. I hope to be flying mine in the next > 3 months or so.>> In that vein, tonight I am staying at a friend's house on Fort Sam > Houston about a quarter mile from where Lieutenant Benjamin Foulous > conducted the first US Army flights in a Wright biplane on March 2nd > 1910. This is considered the beginning of US military aviation.>> The parade grounds here are in the shape of a reverse L. While they > are currently used as physical fitness fields, they were laid out as > runways.>> Blue Skies,> Steve D>Steve,My Grandfather was stationed at Fort Sam in WW1. After the war he remained in San Antonio, which is how I wound up being born and raised there.Rick SchreiberNX478RS________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Corvair Piet performance report