Pietenpol-List: two more test flights

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aviken"
Oscar,Check out the Facebook Pietenpol website for the posts on "Rosie"Rick SchreiberNX478RSOn 10/31/2016 12:49 PM, Oscar Zuniga wrote:>> Word has it that Kevin "Axel" Purtee has the new iteration of his Air > Camper up and flying. If anyone (Terry-?) has first flight reports > from Kevin, can you cut and paste so the rest of us can enjoy his > return to Pietenpoling? It's been a labor of love and I know we've > all wanted to see him get "Rosie" flying. Kevin does excellent work > and he and Shelley are such great examples of why we enjoy the world > of Air Campers. Unselfish, great attitude, dedicated builder, and of > course he is a decorated combat helicopter pilot as well.>>> Oscar Zuniga>> Medford, OR>> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout">> A75 power>________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: two more test flights
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: two more test flights

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aviken"
Thanks for the update Ken,I muck around with models a fair bit and even with them, the prop size/pitch can make a huge difference to the performance you get!Good luck with your testing.CheersMark S--------------------------------------------------
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Matt Dralle
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: two more test flights

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
Thanks for the update. Very exciting!I spoke with William Wynne on another topic today, and updated him on your progressat the same time. He is up in New Jersey helping with his parents so he wasnot able to post today. However, he wanted me to pass along his congrats. Healso wanted to tell you that he has a Warp Drive prop that he is happy to sendyou for testing purposes. He has a horsepower absorption chart (I think thatis the right term. If it is wrong,it's my ignorance not his) that he can easilyconvert your static rpm to horsepower with that prop. He is happy to let youborrow it as long as you need it.Just email him or call him and he will get back to you later this week when hegets back to Florida.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: two more test flights
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet power question

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "bubbleboy"
Thanks for the update. Very exciting!I spoke with William Wynne on another topic today, and updated him on your progressat the same time. He is up in New Jersey helping with his parents so he wasnot able to post today. However, he wanted me to pass along his congrats. Healso wanted to tell you that he has a Warp Drive prop that he is happy to sendyou for testing purposes. He has a horsepower absorption chart (I think thatis the right term. If it is wrong,it's my ignorance not his) that he can easilyconvert your static rpm to horsepower with that prop. He is happy to let youborrow it as long as you need it.Just email him or call him and he will get back to you later this week when hegets back to Florida.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet power question
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
Stay clear of the Jabiru. That is all....Scotty--------Tamworth, AustraliaBuilding a Corvair Powered Pietenpol Air Camperwww.scottyspietenpol.comFuslage now on its undercarriage! About to start wing spars...Corvair engine atRoy's Garage waiting to be modified.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________