carb heat box

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
RonTurner

carb heat box

Post by RonTurner »

Looking for a good used carb heat box with air filter for my A65 Piet. (765)541-2219. Thanks
taildrags

Re: carb heat box

Post by taildrags »

Ron; I may have one in my hangar but will have to look next time I'm out there.
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

Thanks I would appreciate that. Restoring WR-1. it has a heat box but as no means of attaching an air filter.
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Ron; I have the heat box but need to hold it up to a Stromberg carb to make sure it's the right one. This one has the intake air 'dump tube' that sticks out the bottom to dump excess intake air when carb heat is applied. It works fine but is not new and has had some dents straightened out on it in the past. It's part number 05-01387 in the Aircraft Spruce catalog and it's designed for the Air-Maze 600314 air filter (Aircraft Spruce part number 08-01542). Mine doesn't have the air filter or the quarter-turn filter fasteners installed, but you can get those and rivet them in or else just use machine screws with backup plates and locknuts to attach the filter and it'll just be a bit more work to remove and reinstall the filter after cleaning.

It's not ideal, but if you're trying to get the airplane back together and in the air, it functions fine. If you're looking for a clean and well-detailed restoration, you should probably look elsewhere.
IMG_2088.jpg
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

Actually I'm just trying to get the old girl back in the air right now. it is the first Piet Bill Rewey built back in 71.Its been stored in a hanger for 21 years and its mostly original. I've been in touch with Bill several times about her restoration and he seems very excited to see it. Trying to find something that I can use without cutting the original lower cowling but might have to. What's your price on the box?
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

This is her back in the day. its in pretty good shape for the years.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=493
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Ron; I would be happy to donate the carb heat box to the cause, just maybe $10 for me to box it up and send it out. Give me your info and I'll send it out to you. Note also that you can remove the tube that sticks out the bottom and just let it dump into the cowling if you don't want to make a hole in the bottom of the cowling for the tube.
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

Thanks so much!!!! Give me an address and I will gladly send you the money! Currently rebuilding the carb and she will be ready to run. Probably best to send it to my shop. Team Automotive 420 East 5th. Street Connersville IN. 47331. And your address is? Hopefully we can meet at Broadhead this year? Did my pic. come though? Thanks again!! Ron You can call or text me anytime at (765) 541-2219
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Ron; the distance from where I'm sitting typing this to the center of the Brodhead airport is 1,704 miles. At an average groundspeed of 60 MPH, that's about 30 flight hours each way. If I were to manage four legs of 2 hours apiece each day, it would take me about 4 days of flying to get there. Probably not going to be flying to Brodhead from Oregon in the Piet ;o)

Address is, Oscar Zuniga; 4118 Hemlock Dr.; Medford, OR 97504. I will try to get the heat box sent out to you this week. Remember that you'll still need the Air Maze filter element to go with it, and they are about $70 if you buy one new. Maybe someone has a used one laying around-?
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

Oscar, From my home in east central Indiana it is 300 miles to Brodhead ( approximately 5 hours ) so a relatively short trip. I live at our clubs airport and am currently the club president. ( Nulltown Wingnuts ). there is a 2600 ft grass runway out my back door. We have hangers for 18 aircraft and have 13 currently hangered. We are on Facebook so check us out. Well you've made a friend in Indiana so any time you might be in this area you are always welcome here. I'll wait to see how much the shipping cost are then send a check right out so just let me know. Thanks again FRIEND. Ron.
RonTurner

Post by RonTurner »

Oscar ; Thanks soo much for the heat box! It will work perfect. Ordering an Air Maze filter and all will be good. Thanks again friend. Ron Turner