N9252A

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
blademanhap

N9252A

Post by blademanhap »

Hi!

I am trying to find out the history of my Pietenpol that I just acquired. This is what I think that I know now. First owner David O. Thomason N9252A, Serial #001 1937. Deregistered 11/19/1951. The next Sheldon A Stenquist of Fortuna, CA Certificate issued 3/24/2003- 2020. It most probably Ford A powered, is now Corvair Powered and 3 piece wing . I have not got it back home yet, it is now in So Cal. I live in Eastern Oregon, I will be going after is soon and be able to see if it is the long or short ship.
If any one knows of this ship, I would like to hear all that you know of the history.
Thanks,
Ron Phillips
541-575-1927
taildrags

Re: N9252A

Post by taildrags »

Ron; where abouts in Eastern Oregon are you located?

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
blademanhap

Post by blademanhap »

I live in John Day.
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Well OK... that's quite a run for me from Medford in a Piet! I was just thinking maybe of going out there to see your airplane sometime. Is it airworthy? Do you plan to ferry it, or trailer it? Where in SoCal is it located? As you know, there are a number of Piet pilots/builders down that way and if you need to pull the wings off of it to trailer it, I'm sure you can round up some help from folks on this list. I've had the wings off of mine on two different occasions now, so I'm familiar with the process but I may not be located where I can help you much.

-Oscar
blademanhap

Post by blademanhap »

It is in Riverside and the wings are off. I will do some work on it before I would want to fly it, most likely a lot of restoration work. The cable diagonal to the cabanas!! I have a lot of concern about the CG, weight and balance. If it is a 1937 ship that would of had a Model A on and now it has a Corvair on it. It has a brand new wood prop but no safety wire on the nuts. What appears to be the original work looks very good the later workmanship not so good. I just need to go over it from prop to tail. I have a 33 foot car inclosed trailer. Right now I am planning on going to get it with in a week. If you would like to give me a call feel free to do so. 541-575-1927 I have a 27 T that I restored, just as close to the way it come off the assembly line as I could make it. I 29 A is my around town car. I am sure that I will be looking for a lot of advice on this restoration project.
IMG_3565.jpeg
Ron.