2020 Brodhead Pietenpol Reunion is Canceled

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

2020 Brodhead Pietenpol Reunion is Canceled

Post by Pat Weeden »

Cheeseland Chapter EAA 431 Inc. has voted to cancel the 2020 Pietenpol Reunion, Hatz Bi-Plane, and Corbin Fly-In.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
r1200gsDave

Re: 2020 Brodhead Pietenpol Reunion is Canceled

Post by r1200gsDave »

Bummer.... well maybe my plane will be ready for next year.
mstineman

Post by mstineman »

Pat, I realize there won't be any organized activities. But was wondering if camping is still available if some of us want to stop by and see if any local planes are flying?
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden »

All I can officially say is that Brodhead Airport is a public use airport that allows camping.

Things to keep in mind for folks who normally come to Brodhead only during the Pietenpol Reunion:
  • All runways will remain open. Anyone who camps must remain clear of all runways at all times. In particular, the west woods and RV area at the southeast corner of the airport are closed to camping.
  • Campers must be prepared to be autonomous as there will be no food, porta-potties, or other services provided.
  • Brodhead Airport now has a 7-passenger courtesy van that is available year round.
There will be more information in the newsletter that mails tomorrow (Monday 6/29).
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association