Houston TX area builder/pilots

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
taildrags

Houston TX area builder/pilots

Post by taildrags »

Howdy, Pietenpeople in and around Houston (Hans van der Voort in Waller- you too!)- my wife and I are thinking ahead to when I retire, maybe heading back to TX and the Houston area, but not the busy metro area. I've never lived out that way; the nearest thing to it was the summer I spent in Nacogdoches taking some summer college classes at Stephen F. Austin State U. The rest of my Texas life has been from San Antonio south. Any suggestions from you east Texas people about nice places to live, build, and fly? My wife won't live on an airpark, so it just needs to be a decent place that's somewhere near an airport. I'll probably continue doing consulting work from home (engineering, especially fire protection engineering). Email me at taildrags@hotmail.com if this isn't of general interest to other Pietenpol builders & pilots. Thanks.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Richard Roller

Re: Houston TX area builder/pilots

Post by Richard Roller »

It get mighty hot and humid in that part of the world!
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Nothing new to me, Richard, and it doesn't faze me.

-Oscar
doug bryant

Post by doug bryant »

gladewater tx is in east texas, nice place and has a nice small airport. it is 100 mi east of dallas
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Thank you, Doug. Now Gladewater is a fur piece away from Houston, but coincidentally is only about 82 miles from Shreveport, where my Air Camper was built and first flown.

-Oscar