Pietenpol Project

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
Terry Hand

Pietenpol Project

Post by Terry Hand »

Things have changed in my life, and it is time to let my project go and let someone finish her up. A tough decision, but a necessary one. So my change of plans creates a great opportunity for a builder.

1. I have a steel tube fuselage project for sale. Most welding (not all, but most) has either been done by a professional welder or inspected by one. The fuselage is almost complete. Tail feathers are done (welded steel as well), seat frames are in, steel cabanes have been welded. Brakes (manual drum brakes are done on a split gear with die springs welded up professionally. Also have a set of wooden tail feathers that come with it. Door has been installed on right side of front seat for easier ingress/egress. Rudder pedals are welded, and the UK style of supports for harnesses has been welded in place. flight controls are included. Extra beefy tail wheel (no shopping cart wheel on this). Galvanized steel firewall included. All of this gives a motivated builder a huge head start. $2500 or best offer.

2. In addition, I have a set of 3 pc wings 90% complete. Aluminum extruded spars with Riblett 613.5 airfoil. Drag wires are in. Wing tip bows are done. Center section probably needs to be redone, but all fittings are welded. J3 cub struts come with the wings. Wings include wing rack for transport. $2500 or best offer

If you want all of it, we can work on the price. I am on the road, but will post more pictures once I get home. By the way, this is an older picture, and the fuselage is much further along than the picture suggests. Please email me at jarheadpilot82@gmail.com or call/text to 678-313-8224.
IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_8823.JPG
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens GA
taildrags

Re: Pietenpol Project

Post by taildrags »

Terry: wait. It's only February 22, not April 1. No foolin'-? This is a sad state of affairs, letting this excellent project go, and at such a low cost. Whoever gets this project will indeed have a solid start on a very well constructed Pietenvair.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Terry Hand

Post by Terry Hand »

Kind words, Oscar. I am pricing it at what I think is fair, and also so someone who really wants to get a head start can do so.
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens GA
Terry Hand

Post by Terry Hand »

Sold.
Semper Fi,

Terry Hand
Athens GA
kennyrayandersen

Post by kennyrayandersen »

Might I ask which plans did you use to do the steel fuse?

I'm actually looking at the same airfoil -- looks like you had a well thought out plan. Sorry you had to let it go!