Pietenpol-List: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Howard Wilkinson
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother>Hi Guys>>Sorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far as the>401 and Highbury.>>About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 ProbeGT>with EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of about>16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cctrail>bike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried to>use them).>>We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and thedamage>was minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to see some>Piets.>>Wrong.>>Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, but>wee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVEfull>leathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me inthe>chest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm6'2",>190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee->but basically a nice guy)>>About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in 6>weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my right>hand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.>>NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drop his>doughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it's my>fault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you'veever>watched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probably a>bad idea.>>On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i suspect>it was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.>>So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing much>besides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.>>See ya next time>>Mike>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mike Lund
Hi GuysSorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far as the401 and Highbury.About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 Probe GTwith EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of about16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cc trailbike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried touse them).We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and the damagewas minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to see somePiets.Wrong.Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, butwee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVE fullleathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me in thechest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm 6'2",190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee-but basically a nice guy)About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in 6weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my righthand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drop hisdoughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it's myfault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you've everwatched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probably abad idea.On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i suspectit was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing muchbesides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.See ya next timeMike________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Were you in Canada or the U.S.?-----Original Message-----
matronics

> Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> Mike Lund
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother>Hi Earl>>It was in London, Ontario, Canada- Home of the Politically correct and land>of the submissive ;-)>>Actually, the more I think about it the funnier it gets.>>Mike>----- Original Message ----->From: Earl Myers >To: Pietenpol Discussion >Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 12:51 AM>Subject: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother>>>> Were you in Canada or the U.S.?>> -----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Earl Myers
Hi EarlIt was in London, Ontario, Canada- Home of the Politically correct and landof the submissive ;-)Actually, the more I think about it the funnier it gets.Mike----- Original Message -----________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: FW: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother

Post by matronics »

Mike,Sorry about you're misadventure with London's finest. I was looking for you.The flyin was pretty good. We had about 30 planes fly-in. Only 4 Piets. Buteveryone that came , came for the Piets. A lot more builders came this year.The weather couldn't be beat. Come again next year.Domenic ----------________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: BELLISSIMO, DOMENIC
Oh, well- I probably wasn't any smarter at that age- I just happened to getaway with stuff I pulled.Anyway- do you know if C-FAUK is still based at Hamilton ? It was in the EAAhanger a few years ago when I worked for Pen-Air, but I haven't seen itaround lately (Cream and Green aircamper, C-65 with cub cheek cowls)Mike----- Original Message -----________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

I thought ALL the bad guys lived in the States and there were no doughnutsin Canada.....Earl Myers-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: FW: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother

Post by matronics »

"'Piet. Discussion Group'" Yes,Still belongs to Brian Kenney. I will forward your Querey to him.Domenic ----------________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Earl Myers
Hi GuysSorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far as the401 and Highbury.About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 Probe GTwith EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of about16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cc trailbike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried touse them).We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and the damagewas minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to see somePiets.Wrong.Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, butwee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVE fullleathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me in thechest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm 6'2",190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee-but basically a nice guy)About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in 6weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my righthand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drop hisdoughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it's myfault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you've everwatched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probably abad idea.On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i suspectit was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing muchbesides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.See ya next timeMike________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: baileys(at)ktis.net (Robert M. Bailey)
> Subject: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother>>> >Hi Guys> >> >Sorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far asthe> >401 and Highbury.> >> >About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 Probe> GT> >with EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose ofabout> >16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cc> trail> >bike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever triedto> >use them).> >> >We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and the> damage> >was minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to seesome> >Piets.> >> >Wrong.> >> >Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, but> >wee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVE> full> >leathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me in> the> >chest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm> 6'2",> >190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee-> >but basically a nice guy)> >> >About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in6> >weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my right> >hand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.> >> >NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drophis> >doughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it'smy> >fault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you've> ever> >watched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probablya> >bad idea.> >> >On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (isuspect> >it was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.> >> >So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing much> >besides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.> >> >See ya next time> >> >Mike> >> >>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: David Atnip
>> Hi Guys>> Sorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far asthe> 401 and Highbury.>> About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 ProbeGT> with EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of about> 16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cctrail> bike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried to> use them).>> We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and thedamage> was minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to seesome> Piets.>> Wrong.>> Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, but> wee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVEfull> leathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me inthe> chest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm6'2",> 190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee-> but basically a nice guy)>> About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in6> weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my right> hand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.>> NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drophis> doughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it'smy> fault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you'veever> watched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probablya> bad idea.>> On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i suspect> it was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.>> So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing much> besides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.>> See ya next time>> Mike>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

>> Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: dannymac
>> Subject: Re: Fly in- Mikeys latest run-in with big brother>>>>>> >Hi Guys>> >>> >Sorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far as>the>> >401 and Highbury.>> >>> >About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89Probe>> GT>> >with EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of>about>> >16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cc>> trail>> >bike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried>to>> >use them).>> >>> >We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and the>> damage>> >was minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to see>some>> >Piets.>> >>> >Wrong.>> >>> >Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill,but>> >wee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVE>> full>> >leathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me in>> the>> >chest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm>> 6'2",>> >190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head andgoatee->> >but basically a nice guy)>> >>> >About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll setin>6>> >weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and myright>> >hand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.>> >>> >NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drop>his>> >doughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it's>my>> >fault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you've>> ever>> >watched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" wasprobably>a>> >bad idea.>> >>> >On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i>suspect>> >it was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.>> >>> >So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing much>> >besides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.>> >>> >See ya next time>> >>> >Mike>> >>> >>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: BELLISSIMO, DOMENIC
Oh, well- I probably wasn't any smarter at that age- I just happened to getaway with stuff I pulled.Anyway- do you know if C-FAUK is still based at Hamilton ? It was in the EAAhanger a few years ago when I worked for Pen-Air, but I haven't seen itaround lately (Cream and Green aircamper, C-65 with cub cheek cowls)Mike ----- Original Message -----________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ed0248(at)aol.com
>> Hi Guys>> Sorry I missed the flyin on Saturday. I did actaually make it as far asthe> 401 and Highbury.>> About there, while I'm waiting for a red light, my second hobby (89 ProbeGT> with EVERYTHING in it) gets a little nudge. Some little snot-nose of about> 16 in age years, and 3 in mentality, riding this HUGE ;-)little 125cctrail> bike forgot how his brakes work. (probably the first time he ever tried to> use them).>> We got out of the car, Mr big brother was about 1 block away, and thedamage> was minimal, so I figured about 1/2 an hour and were on the way to seesome> Piets.>> Wrong.>> Mr. 5'4" snot nose decidies it's MY fault (ya, I was at a standstill, but> wee're not talking a brain surgeon). So at about 5'4" in his IMPRESSIVEfull> leathers (in 90 degree heat) he starts screaming, swearing, poking me inthe> chest and takes a few spits on my 2 1/2 year old son. (By the way, I'm6'2",> 190 on a light day, tatoos in full glory, no shirt, bald head and goatee-> but basically a nice guy)>> About this time I introduced his poking finger to his wrist (it'll set in6> weeks), use my knee to introduce his scrotum to his larynix, and my right> hand to teach the principal of non-offensive, coherent speech.>> NOW mr. big brother (otherise known as London's finest) decides to drophis> doughnut, and actually move. Unfortunatly, he decided I'm bigger so it'smy> fault and proceeded to start with the whole Gestapo attitude (If you'veever> watched COPS you know what I mean). In retrospect "the bird" was probablya> bad idea.>> On the bright side, there was so much excitement that he FORGOT (i suspect> it was deliberate) to read me my rights or search me.>> So the 1/2 hour turned into a 1/2 day, and I didn't feel like doing much> besides going home, fixing my bumper and having a few brown pops.>> See ya next time>> Mike>________________________________________________________________________________