Pietenpol-List: Re: Control cable size

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Control cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Marc Davis
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Control cable size> > > As posted here last week, all control cables on NX41CC are 3/32", 7x19 galvanizedcable. All recommendations that I've seen are to use > stainless steel cable for "standing rigging" only... nothing that > flexes or runs through pulleys.> > PS, I'm not sure who it was on the list who described "shadow > chasing", but I did some of that today. Flew the airplane in such > a way that my shadow would come right up behind and over moving > vehicles on the ground. Pretty cool, and it does take a bit of > flying skill. Imagine the sensation of the people being > overtaken, and "Fear This!"> > Oscar Zuniga> Air Camper NX41CC> San Antonio, TX> mailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.com> website at http://www.flysquirrel.net> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Tim Willis
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Control cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Tim Willis"
On NX18235 all control cables are 3/32" 7X19 galvanized.Greg Cardinal----- Original Message -----
matronics

>> Pietenpol-List: Re: Control cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt"
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: H RULE
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Control cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt"
As posted here last week, all control cables on NX41CC are 3/32", 7x19 galvanizedcable. All recommendations that I've seen are to use stainless steel cablefor "standing rigging" only... nothing that flexes or runs through pulleys.PS, I'm not sure who it was on the list who described "shadow chasing", but I didsome of that today. Flew the airplane in such a way that my shadow would comeright up behind and over moving vehicles on the ground. Pretty cool, andit does take a bit of flying skill. Imagine the sensation of the people beingovertaken, and "Fear This!"Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CCSan Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:45:26 -0400
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Control cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Control cable sizeCome on Oscar! try not to lie to people who know you Or better yet people who knowhow fast a Piet goes. You must have been flying over them in their neighborhoodswhere they only go 30MPHEveryone knows you could not have caught them on the highway : ]Blue Skies, Steve D----- Original Message -----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: wind generator

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> taildrags(at)hotmail.com
The blades on that wind gen look a lot like the blades on a computer (muffin) fan.Marc
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: wind generator

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Clif Dawson"
> >> > > If y'all are dead-set on hanging stuff off your airplanes=2C I guess you could look at the wind gen that Great Plains markets. Here's the link:> > http://www.greatplainsas.com/gennipod1.pdf> > Four amps=2C two hundred fifty bucks.> > Oscar Zuniga> Air Camper NX41CC> San Antonio=2C TX> mailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.com> website at http://www.flysquirrel.net> > ============================================> > > _________________________________________________________________See how Windows Mobile brings your life together=97at home=2C work=2C or on the go.________________________________________________________________________________