Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Send any articles to bpa(at)pietenpols.org Best,-john-> On Aug 15, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Steven Dortch wrote:> > Hey guys, I enjoyed my BPA newsletter. I understand the need for articles. What do we want in the newsletter?> > Painting?> Sources for engines?> Discussions on safety?> New things you have tried?> Instrument panel ideas? IE should I put a full IFR glass panel in my Piet including an autopilot? (that ought to get some discussion.)> Radio ideas?> Funny stories?> trips?> Warnings?> Training?> Hangar organization? Hangar ideas?> FAA problems?> A discussion on the varieties of Piets, (Scout, Aircamper, Air Camper, Ariel, side by side...)> > Where should we send these articles?> > > -- > Blue Skies,> Steve D> > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Hey Doc,Glad to hear your latest project plans for the update. Sounds like you're doing well. Once I get myself back together I'm looking forward to Brodhead 2016. Be good to see you and Dee again. Not to mention all my Piet builder friends and family. So true the words " you come to Brodhead the first time to see the airplanes and you keep coming back to see your friends"! Stay well and keep up the good work. My best to allJohn RecineNX895JR A project in slow motion process Sent from my iPhone> On Sep 5, 2015, at 2:59 PM, Donald A Mosher wrote:> > In response to some =9CWhat=99s up with Doc?=9D inquiries - No, I have not left the premises. After being publisher of the Brodhead Pietenpol Association newsletter for over six years (Dee and I), I had some catching up to do on other tasks. I lurked a bit on the Matronics list (and liked it.)> > > > Casting about to see how I might be of service to the Piet community, I decided to supply Air Camper plans and also updates and enhancements that I have cataloged. Although Don Pietenpol was an inspiration to all of us, I feel that with modern print facilities, I can supply complete plans including the necessary updates at a practical price.> > > > Except for the BPA newsletters, there has never really been a single source for information on updates as they came along over the years. I am cataloging all those thirty-some years of contemporary and pertinent information from builders and owners who came up with good (and maybe not so good) updates and enhancements. In addition I have archived a roomful of Piet history (airplanes, people, plans) that I am assembling.> > > > Check in to my slowly emerging website for particulars. I expect that I will be on Matt=99s wonderful Matronics website from time to time. I also welcome any personal messages from old friends. Like the Air Camper, I=99m =9Cstill going after all these years.=9D> > > > This note is not intended to sell anything, only to let people know where I am and what I am doing in the fascinating and intriguing Piet community.> > > > Doc Mosher> > > > Website: pietenpolplansplus.com (Pietenpol Plans Plus)> > E-Mail: thepietshop.com (The Piet Shop) > > > 3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D> ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
Well, I finally got around to reading my Newsletter. The red letters on the back,by the address label, said it was my last issue and I didn't think I wouldbe renewing but I changed my mind. It was sure worth the $20 subscription costjust to read the articles and see the photos. Thanks ever so much for thestory on the J-2 mishap, the aircraft maintenance tips, and everything else inthe current issue. I sure didn't think I would care to read an article abouta single-blade prop on a J-2 taking a dive into some trees, but the story isvery well written and the lessons learned are invaluable. Jack's article on maintenanceis likewise very well written and illustrated and any builder couldlearn from it and apply some great ideas. Frank Pavliga's article on reinforcingwooden landing gear is another piece that made the Newsletter worth subscribingto. It's all good.Most of all, I guess, it's just good to see more Piets. the centerfold airplaneis a beauty. If you're not a subscriber, I would encourage you to subscribeif for nothing else but the centerfold. She has long sleek legs, a radiant shine,trim waist, shapely in front, and if you could hear her voice she wouldprobably ask "why don't you come up and see me sometime?" ;o)--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Marcus Zechini
Got mine yesterday in Georgia. Great tribute issue!BarryNX973BP________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:34:21 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Boyer
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Send an email to John Hofmann at jhofmann(at)reesgroupinc.comBarry
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: cessna7226g(at)aol.com
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

There are so many appealing things about your airplane! A very pleasing 'period'look to it. Congratulations on getting it in the air, mate!--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: BPA Newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Semih Oksay
I got my copy in the mail yesterday. The horse was plum wore out by the time hemade it over the wide open West and the Cascades and rode into town with themail, but the newsletter was in good shape and it looks like there's a lot ofgood stuff inside. I won't get to read mine till this weekend though. Too muchwork ;o(--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter

Post by matronics »

Semih; as usual, your workmanship looks very pleasing in all respects. It willbe a beautiful airplane. As for shellac, the oil gallery plugs on the frontof my engine were installed with shellac as per the Continental manual and atthe annual inspection I found one of them weeping oil just a bit and the otherone not tight in its threads. As to using Loctite on the case seam, I am notan A&P and do not know what constitutes acceptable methods, but I'm with you...we have far better materials available today than shellac.I am very grieved to hear of recent disturbances and unrest in Turkey. My wifeand I have visited various ports and cities in your country several times andwe always found the people to be hospitable to us. We are sorry that touristtravel to Turkey is presently not recommended due to the unrest.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: BPA Newsletter
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ed KTOWN Knouse
Just got my copy of the Brodhead Pietenpol Association newsletter in the mail today.Wow-! Jack Phillips put together a really nice compilation of common changesto the Air Camper design... subtitled "To Change Or Not To Change?"Nice job, Jack!Also a beautiful cover photo and centerfold of Bob Coolbaugh's "New Piet", Two-Two-Victor-Yankee.Very striking and nostalgic color scheme, and he sure isn'tgoing to lose it in the parking lot!--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________