Pietenpol-List: Builders manual

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Builders manual

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Am about to order my plans,and am wondering if the builder manual is a necessarybuy.I have the 1932 Flying an glider Manual.I plan on building the long versionand using a 65 Cont.powerplant ,with a one piece wing.Steel tube fuselageis also a possibility.I'm retired and a fixed income is a fixed income so if itis not needed, I'd like to know.After viewing Chucks video I had to get started.Thanksfor any input.Mike________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:40:16 -0500
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Builders manual

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
matronics

Re: Re: Pietenpol-List: Builders manual

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Michael D Cuy
Although it was an interesting source of insight on the how the plane came to be,and I like it for it's nostalgic value, I didn't find it to be a meaningfulsource of building instruction like you would think a "Builder's Manual" wouldhave, and it is somewhat disorganized. I think you could probably pass on it.I got it more to immerse myself in this project and to have everything Berniemade available at the time it was created. This list is a better buildingreference than the manual.That's my opinion,Glenn>
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Builders manual

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Oscar Zuniga"
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Builders manual> > > Mike-- I ordered the building manual but as I recall it is mostly about > converting the Model A engine for aircraft> use. Others who have it more fresh in their minds may recall more of what > is in there. The manual "manual" is not> a manual at all actually. It is merely about 25 pages of Bernards thoughts > strung together in a binder type format.> > Mike C.> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________