Pietenpol-List: what color is this plane, control horns, etc

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: what color is this plane, control horns, etc

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
I think this is Rob Bach's plane which is blue and gold. He flew it toBrodhead a few times, and it's really a nice plane. Cool instrument panels,lots of brass if I remember correctly. Interesting dude, told me when hegets bored flying he does mathematical algorithms in his head to pass thetime.My control horns are just flat stock and works fine, but I'd do the plansversion if I did it again. Easey peasey to build, strong and super light.My plane has NO dihedral and the wings don't really look droopy to me.Adding 1" is very common and is easily done.Andy, you are very welcome on this list and PLEASE ask questions, that'swhat it's all about. I personally found it helpful though to search thearchives first because otherwise, I would have submitted 1,000 questionsduring my build. As it was, I only submitted about 500!!Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: what color is this plane, control horns, etc

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
I went to this last year and though the WX was crap, it was fun. Lots ofgrass to land on, the field is closed during the fly-in. people were reallynice. Larry Williams was there, Andy with the old Rudolf Piet and another,plus me. with good WX it should be fun for those nearby.(Ohio crowd.) I'vebeen asked to invite Piets, hence this email.Barnstorming Carnival July 11-12 Springfield-Beckley Ohio.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: what color is this plane, control horns, etc
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: a few words about dihedral

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Greg Bacon
Actually, Douwe, the plane in the photo was built by RT Searfoss. Very nice lookingPietenpol.And clearly, from this photo, it is white and black.BCRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/nx49 ... ______Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 22:19:15 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: a few words about dihedral
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: a few words about dihedral

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Marcus Zechini
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: a few words about dihedral