Pietenpol-List: Steves Piet

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Steves Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "randy.green"
Hi guys: My names Rick Rager and am into about 85 hours building my fuselage.I live in Wellingto Ks. Hey Mike why not the good old Corvair eng. I've talkedto Doug Bryant a couple of times and seen his Piet. I know a guy in OzarkArkansas who is running a suba on his Piet. If you want to call me (316)326-5655 I,ll give you his number or any one elses (His a super nice guy butI not sure he would want his number on the internet) Any way I'm about readyto start my landing gear. The print shows a 48.5" from the top longeron toground.does any one know if thats a critical dim or is this just ground clearancefor the large dia prop for the Model A. I plan on using smaller aircrafttype tires and a corvair eng so I'll be turning a smaller prop ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Steves Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Rick Rager wrote:> > Hi guys:> My names Rick Rager and am into about 85 hours building my fuselage.> I live in Wellingto Ks. Hey Mike why not the good old Corvair eng. I've talked> to Doug Bryant a couple of times and seen his Piet. I know a guy in Ozark> Arkansas who is running a suba on his Piet. If you want to call me (316)> 326-5655 I,ll give you his number or any one elses (His a super nice guy but> I not sure he would want his number on the internet) Any way I'm about ready> to start my landing gear. The print shows a 48.5" from the top longeron to> ground.> does any one know if thats a critical dim or is this just ground clearance> for the large dia prop for the Model A. I plan on using smaller aircraft> type tires and a corvair eng so I'll be turning a smaller prop> Rick, I just measured mine for you. It's 49.75 inches from the toplongeron to ground. I also used clevland wheels (6X6).Hope this helpsyou.Domenic________________________________________________________________________________