Pietenpol-List: Cable size

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug Hunt
Mike,I used 1/8" for the bracing between my wing struts. I don't think theplans really said. Flew the Piet Sat. for the first time this year.These impulse mags work great. Started right up after setting allwinter.Craig________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Maybe I'm not looking close enough at the plans, but does anyoneknow what size (1/8" or 3/32") cables are to be used to form the Xbracing between the lift struts ? Mike C. Clev. OH________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: Cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 11:17 AM, Michael D Cuy [SMTP:Michael.D.Cuy(at)lerc.nasa.gov] wrote:> Maybe I'm not looking close enough at the plans, but does anyone> know what size (1/8" or 3/32") cables are to be used to form the X> bracing between the lift struts ?>> Mike C. Clev. OHMike,I used 7x7 1/8" stainless. Don't seem to remember having a problem finding it on the plans. Perhaps I had quit looking at that point. BTW may I guess that you are assembling for the last time if you are asking? I hope so! I just put my wings back on last night and hope to be doing some flying again soon.Stevee________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
For Craig, I am researching Piet builders/flyers. When was yours built? Whattype of engine...I assume it is dual ignition as you mention the impulse mags.If you have a pix, send same.. Dr. Orville E. Lanham, 1912 Collins Drive,Bellelvue, 68005________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Andy Anderson
Orville,I flew my piet for the first time in April of 96. It has a C-65 withdual Slick impluse mags. No radio's extra inst or lights. Just yourbasic piet. There is a photo on the Piet web site under old articals.Craig________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: Cable size

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: clawler
>On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 11:17 AM, Michael D Cuy >[SMTP:Michael.D.Cuy(at)lerc.nasa.gov] wrote:>> Maybe I'm not looking close enough at the plans, >Mike I used 7x7 1/8" stainless. Don't seem to remember having a problemfinding >it on the plans. Perhaps I had quit looking at that point. BTW may I >guess that you are assembling for the last time if you are asking? Ihope >so! 0000,8080,8080Steve- Well, Yes sort of. I justwant to make sure I have on hand everything I'll need to assemble so I don't have to wait an agonizing3 or 4 days for Mr. UPS driver to show up with one turnbuckle andtwo shackles ! Thanks for your reply. My crate should fly in May.Mike C. ________________________________________________________________________________