Pietenpol-List: Dave's Piet Build

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Dave's Piet Build

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dave'sPiet"
Thanks, Jack- that was helpful. 100 fpm is not a fun pace to be... I've been lookingfor a C85 for over a month now, and there aren't too many laying around.I heard that Cloud cars is no longer making props- how unfortunate.BTW, moving the top of the pilot seat back aft by 2 inches gives you approx seatangle of 11.5 degrees. This is how I plan to build mine. No doubt the cabaneswill have to come even further after now.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Dave's Piet Build
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Dave's Piet Build

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Hey!It is getting harder to find C85's as people don't seem to want to part withthem.0200's however are plentiful and a core is pretty affordable.. I got an0200 and by simply changing the cam and a few other things, turned it into aC90. Wanting a shorter nose, I even left the gen and starter on it forweight and my CG is perfect.One could easily strip off the heavier stuff and probably not have to slantyour wing back. The piet flies great with a C90. The downside is more fuelconsumption, but chugging along at 2000rpm I burn maybe a gallon per hourmore than a 65.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Dave's Piet Build
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Dave's Piet Build

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dave'sPiet"
Douwe- Thanks. I'm going to keep it a hand-prop, as that is what I am used to andreally need the weight savings. I'll bet your plane can really climb..Really like your plane- a pic of it hangs above my workbench.Jack & John- thanks for the reference. I have been talking to Don at Don's DreamMachines and he may end up doing my engine if I don't do it myself. He offeredme a nice deal on an A-65 but I've decided C85 or larger.DavidRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Dave's Piet Build