Pietenpol-List: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "TriScout"
Wow. Definitely interested in hearing more once you check it out more carefully...Seems like a negative g induced failure, what ever the root cause. Also interested in the repair.Fwiw, I repaired a similar fabric issue like that with Stewarts. They are stc'edfor simple overlap patches in a case like that which will preclude recoveringthe entire fuse, at the cost of looks.If good enough for certificated planes.... And it just felt right, very tenaciousadhesive. I'm a little leery of poly tak with standing the 350 deg shrink.Good luck with the repair, let us know more as you figure it all out. Man, I feela experimental AD coming on! Yikes.ToolsRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Tools; another forehead-slapping "doh!" moment for me when you mentioned negativeGs. I was wondering to myself what could have pulled the strut attach fittingdown so hard that the lower longeron split or pulled away from the uprights.A good downward push by the wing strut could sure do it!! As you know, oneof the only (or at least the best known) inflight structural failures of anAir Camper resulted from a negative-G maneuver. We can only guess what causedthis one... flying through a thunderstorm or wind shear?If finding this crack results in a thorough inspection of the major glue jointsand structural mountings, it will have been worth it in peace of mind once everythingis found to be airworthy or is repaired as needed. There will also bea springtime next year, if this spring ends up being make-and-mend or even afabric recovering job for Eight-Six-Lima.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
I like the look of the silver on the wings and tail surfaces of Four-Sierra-Golf.The day looks like it was fun!--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "AircamperN11MS"
Andy Abreu is on the right track. See also my comments on the landing gear setup. I.e. A hard landing on the left side would exert a pull on the left and viceversa thus creating the split as we see it on the video. I didn't sign mycommentyesterday on the same subjectDave BoydChampaign ILSent from my iPhone> On May 7, 2016, at 2:01 AM, Pietenpol-List Digest Server wrote:> > *> > =================================================> Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive> =================================================> > Today's complete Pietenpol-List Digest can also be found in either of the > two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted > in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes > and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version > of the Pietenpol-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor > such as Notepad or with a web browser. > > HTML Version:> > http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestv ... ml&Chapter 16-05-06&Archive=Pietenpol> > Text Version:> > http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestv ... xt&Chapter 16-05-06&Archive=Pietenpol> > > ===============================================> EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive> ===============================================> > > ----------------------------------------------------------> Pietenpol-List Digest Archive> ---> Total Messages Posted Fri 05/06/16: 14> ----------------------------------------------------------> > > Today's Message Index:> ----------------------> > 1. 06:04 AM - Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In (AircamperN11MS)> 2. 06:12 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (AircamperN11MS)> 3. 08:13 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (tools)> 4. 08:25 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (aabreu)> 5. 08:34 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (AircamperN11MS)> 6. 09:04 AM - Re: Pietenpol-List Digest: 5 Msgs - 05/05/16 (dndboyd2(at)gmail.com)> 7. 09:19 AM - Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In (TriScout)> 8. 10:16 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (tools)> 9. 10:31 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (AircamperN11MS)> 10. 11:59 AM - Re: Fuselage cracking (tkreiner)> 11. 12:12 PM - Re: Fuselage cracking (tkreiner)> 12. 12:51 PM - Re: Fuselage cracking (aabreu)> 13. 01:08 PM - Re: Fuselage cracking (aabreu)> 14. 01:50 PM - Re: Fuselage cracking (tools)> > > > ________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________> > > Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Cinco de Mayo GN-1 Fly In