Pietenpol-List: Vinyl Letters

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Vinyl Letters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: bellissimod(at)cs.lsl.litton.com
I am thinking about cutting some Piet emblems. I own a company called N.American Numbers. This company was set up to do custom aircraft and boats.I had four new showplanes at Sun n Fun this year. (Not my planes, but mygraphics)I am planning to go to Brodhead on Saturday this year and see what type ofstuff we need for our Piets. Maybe I will post them in the BPA newsletter.I just bought a Piet project about 45% complete and this is my first time toBrodhead. Can't hardly wait. PS. If you use a local sign shop, make sure you get High- performance vinyl.Most try to use the cheap stuff to save a buck. You can't tell by lookingat it, but you sure can about one year later when it starts to shrink andfade and peel.Barry Davisbed(at)mindspring.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Vinyl Letters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Barry Davis
Barry Davis wrote:> I just bought a Piet project about 45% complete and this is my first> time to> Brodhead. Can't hardly wait.Barry,Last year was my first trip to Brodhead. Great place, great folks.I crawled all over/under/around the Piets taking photos of details. Thephotos havae paid off handsomely over the last year working on afuselage.I suggest you consider doing the same.Happy travels,Dick Winkel________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Barry Davis
Barry Davis wrote:> > I am thinking about cutting some Piet emblems. I own a company called N.> American Numbers. This company was set up to do custom aircraft and boats.> I had four new showplanes at Sun n Fun this year. (Not my planes, but my> graphics)> > I am planning to go to Brodhead on Saturday this year and see what type of> stuff we need for our Piets. Maybe I will post them in the BPA newsletter.> > I just bought a Piet project about 45% complete and this is my first time to> Brodhead. Can't hardly wait.> > PS. If you use a local sign shop, make sure you get High- performance vinyl.> Most try to use the cheap stuff to save a buck. You can't tell by looking> at it, but you sure can about one year later when it starts to shrink and> fade and peel.> > Barry Davis> bed(at)mindspring.comBarry , could you give us more info on the piet emblems IE: size, colorsgraphics, PRICE. and will they pe on peel and stick vinyl Ernie . I havea Grega aircamper so I guess it would not do to put pietenpol on mine ,however it really stated as a pietenpol and still is except for theengine and gear. I still give pietenpol full credit for it. ErnieHagness ehagness(at)mail.interconnect.net________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: laur-mac(at)ArkansasUSA.com (LAUR-MAC, INC.)
>Barry Davis wrote:>> >> I am thinking about cutting some Piet emblems. I own a company called N.>> American Numbers. This company was set up to do custom aircraft and boats.>> I had four new showplanes at Sun n Fun this year. (Not my planes, but my>> graphics)>> >> I am planning to go to Brodhead on Saturday this year and see what type of>> stuff we need for our Piets. Maybe I will post them in the BPA newsletter.>> >> I just bought a Piet project about 45% complete and this is my first time to>> Brodhead. Can't hardly wait.>> >> PS. If you use a local sign shop, make sure you get High- performance vinyl.>> Most try to use the cheap stuff to save a buck. You can't tell by looking>> at it, but you sure can about one year later when it starts to shrink and>> fade and peel.>> >> Barry Davis>> bed(at)mindspring.com>Barry , could you give us more info on the piet emblems IE: size, colors>graphics, PRICE. and will they pe on peel and stick vinyl Ernie . I have>a Grega aircamper so I guess it would not do to put pietenpol on mine ,>however it really stated as a pietenpol and still is except for the>engine and gear. I still give pietenpol full credit for it. Ernie>Hagness ehagness(at)mail.interconnect.netGood to hear from you. I'm leaving for Oshkosh shortly, also Brodhead onSat. I'll email you when I get back. I have a lot of questions since theproject I bought is also a GN-1. Barry Davis>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Barry Davis
How about an emblem for GN-1'S?Ken Goff
matronics

> Re: Vinyl Letters

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Pugh
> > >Barry Davis wrote:> >> > >> I am thinking about cutting some Piet emblems. I own a company calledN.> >> American Numbers. This company was set up to do custom aircraft andboats.> >> I had four new showplanes at Sun n Fun this year. (Not my planes, butmy> >> graphics)> >> > >> I am planning to go to Brodhead on Saturday this year and see whattype of> >> stuff we need for our Piets. Maybe I will post them in the BPAnewsletter.> >> > >> I just bought a Piet project about 45% complete and this is my firsttime to> >> Brodhead. Can't hardly wait.> >> > >> PS. If you use a local sign shop, make sure you get High- performancevinyl.> >> Most try to use the cheap stuff to save a buck. You can't tell bylooking> >> at it, but you sure can about one year later when it starts to shrinkand> >> fade and peel.> >> > >> Barry Davis> >> bed(at)mindspring.com> >Barry , could you give us more info on the piet emblems IE: size, colors> >graphics, PRICE. and will they pe on peel and stick vinyl Ernie . I have> >a Grega aircamper so I guess it would not do to put pietenpol on mine ,> >however it really stated as a pietenpol and still is except for the> >engine and gear. I still give pietenpol full credit for it. Ernie> >Hagness ehagness(at)mail.interconnect.net> > > Good to hear from you. I'm leaving for Oshkosh shortly, also Brodhead on> Sat. I'll email you when I get back. I have a lot of questions sincethe> project I bought is also a GN-1. > > Barry Davis>________________________________________________________________________________