Pietenpol-List: Hello all

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Hello all

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Wright
Hello,Just joined the list and wanted to introduce myself. I justrecently "discovered" Piets, and am currently trying to learnas much as possible about them. I found Grant's page last week,which was an eye opener. TONS of great information. I've beenhooked on open-cockpit planes ever since I had a ride in aStearman this summer. That was so great! It looks to me likePiet's have even better visibility because of fewer wingsgetting in the way.I live in New York City, and so building is going to be a challenge.I figure I can make parts for a while though, and then find morespace when I need it. I'm working on getting my PPL (in a Cub),and there is hangar space around, but it's pretty expensive.We'll see. I ordered plans from Don Pietenpol yesterday, soI should have a much better idea of how possible it's going tobe...If any of you are near NYC, and would like to show off yourprojects, I'd love to come have a look.Thanks,- Mark Burnham________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Hello all

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "McNarry, John"
>Hello,>I live in New York City, and so building is going to be a challenge.>I figure I can make parts for a while though, and then find more>space when I need it. Mark- Welcome to the list and let me repeat what I telleveryone:All you need to build an airplane is a telephone and a credit card !A really inexpensive way to start and save space is to get thefull size wing rib jig from Don P., build a rib jig, buy somesaran wrap so the glue doesn't stick, get a Wicks Catalog andorder a bunch of (very cheap too) capstrip spruce and someplywood and brass nails, some glue. You are in business.A rib every other day and you'll have a wing skeleton in2 months ! Mike C. ________________________________________________________________________________