Pietenpol-List: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Steve Eldredge
matronics

Pietenpol-List: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: dcsBell(at)netcom.ca
That's Right!Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It waspicture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been thisstoked since I got engaged!This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chanceto write it all down...Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed justbefore 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called aroundnoon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light andvariable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runupcomplete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into positionand my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintaindirectional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'mairborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my firstturn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to theleft. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressuretill controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn todownwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, whata view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease offthe power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradualyet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tailfirst, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight-keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother fallsin trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above thedin of the engine..I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!Steve EldredgePS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film tobe processed.Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug Hunt
Steve Eldredge wrote:>>> Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.Steve, what is your web page address?Thanks,Bruceflyer(at)clas.net________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: flyer(at)clas.net
Steve Eldredge wrote:> > That's Right!> > Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was> picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this> stoked since I got engaged!> > This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance> to write it all down...> > Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just> before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around> noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and> variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup> complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position> and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain> directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm> airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first> turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the> left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure> till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to> downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what> a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off> the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual> yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail> first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight> -keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls> in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the> din of the engine..> > I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!> > Steve Eldredge> > PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to> be processed.> > Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.Congratulation Steve,Can't wait to see it flying at brodhead next year. I thought I wouldmake it up before you, but alas it was not to be. How was the trim?Maybeyou could fly up to Brussels, Ontario in June at our Pietenpol flyin.Good luck with the rest of your testing.Regards,Domenico/Toronto________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Peter Knowles
>That's Right!>>Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was>picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this>stoked since I got engaged!>>This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance>to write it all down...>>Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just>before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around>noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and>variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup>complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position>and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain>directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm>airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first>turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the>left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure>till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to>downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what>a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off>the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual>yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail>first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight>-keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls>in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the>din of the engine..>>I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!>>>Steve Eldredge>>PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to>be processed.>>Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ian Holland
>To: Pietenpol Discussion >From: Peter Knowles >Subject: Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!>>>That's Right!>>>>Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was>>picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this>>stoked since I got engaged!>>>>This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance>>to write it all down...>>>>Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just>>before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around>>noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and>>variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup>>complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position>>and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain>>directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm>>airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first>>turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the>>left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure>>till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to>>downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what>>a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off>>the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual>>yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail>>first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight>>-keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls>>in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the>>din of the engine..>>>>I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>Steve Eldredge>>>>PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to>>be processed.>>>>Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

>> Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

>To: piet(at)byu.edu>>From: Peter Knowles >Subject: Steves first flight.>>>To: Pietenpol Discussion >>From: Peter Knowles >>Subject: Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!>>>>>That's Right!>>>>>>Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was>>>picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this>>>stoked since I got engaged!>>>>>>This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance>>>to write it all down...>>>>>>Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just>>>before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around>>>noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and>>>variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup>>>complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position>>>and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain>>>directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm>>>airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first>>>turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the>>>left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure>>>till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to>>>downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what>>>a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off>>>the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual>>>yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail>>>first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight>>>-keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls>>>in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the>>>din of the engine..>>>>>>I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>Steve Eldredge>>>>>>PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to>>>be processed.>>>>>>Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.>>>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Steve Eldredge
Congratulations, Steve! I am very envious, and still about a year behindyou. Mine is sitting on saw horses with tail on, controls in, and centrewing section attached. It looks good! However, I can't put the wingstogether till spring time when I can get into the garage and it's warmenough for gluing. Plan on doing the feet next. You haven't got a spare 65hp Continental, or know where there is a Corvair, do you?All the best, and good flying!-=Ian=-
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Stevee !! Way to go !!!! How neat. HAVE TO HEAR MORE !!!Tell us....did you get some tailwheel time first ???In what kind of plane ????Was the first flight from grass or pavement ???Did you do lots of taxi tests first ??Did you 'hop' it or just go for it first time ??Were your knees shaking ???Did you have a crowd or just your brother ??Did you need to change underware ??AWESOME !!!! Congratulations !!!! Mike C> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "McNarry, John"
Michael D Cuy wrote:> Stevee !! Way to go !!!! How neat. HAVE TO HEAR MORE !!!Thanks to you Mike, and all others who have sent their words ofencouragement. It is truly awesome. I woke up this morning stillfeeling as excited as when I went to bed. I was up nearly till midnightbefore I got off the phone with all my family and friends. This has beena life-long dream realized. If I had to stop right here and walk awayit would still be one of the greatest experiences of my life. Not thatis outshines anything like getting married (staying married) watching mychildren being born, and growing up, but it blows away the feelings thatI had at graduation from college! Anyway back to the questions.> Tell us....did you get some tailwheel time first ??? In what kind of> plane ????Yes I did. I have spent several hours with a great instructor in a 150hp Super Cub. This was expensive, but invaluable. I would not have beenable to build my confidence without many TO's and landings. I also havesomething over 250 hours in may types of a/c spread over the last 15years. The piet flies different than anything I have flown before.Pitch is much more sensitive than anything I've flown. I also flew withfriends in two Avid Flyers, and two different Kitfox's. There is nosubstitute for stick time. Even at this point I have limited myself tounder 5 knots wind within 15 degrees of the runway no gusts. I willpractice under these conditions and then get more instruction incrosswind conditions, and wheel landings before opening up the envelope.> Was the first flight from grass or pavement ???Both my instruction and first flight were from pavement. I simple cantfind a grass strip. yet. The cub has 8.50 by 6 tundra tires and minehas the 6.00 by 6 tires. Maintaining directional control is the mostimportant difference between tail and tri gear planes.> Did you do lots of taxi tests first ??> Did you 'hop' it or just go for it first time ??My logs include about three hours of taxi testing. I discovered a greatdeal about the airplane and developed a squawk list that I used to fixproblems that I found on the ground. I have one started now afterflying as well. I think that my extensive taxi tests helped me learnmore quickly what was going on during take off and landings as I flewwith my instructor. The key is using pressure rather than movement.This was a great discovery for me and damped and fine tuned my responsesand made the difference between over controlling and chasing theairplane all over the runway to being able to predict and feel trackingaccuratly. Lots of practice.> Were your knees shaking ???I fully expected that they would be but after I finished, I hopped outand checked. I was quite calm and subdued- physically. Emotionally Iwas bouncing off the walls! Perma-Grin.> Did you have a crowd or just your brother ??Just like my first solo flight on my sixteenth birthday, I thought thatI was flying with minimal spectators. I purposely didn't invite my wifeor kids, or other flying buddies. I invited my brother and armed himwith a crash ax, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, a bike, my pickup,and cell phone. His instructions if I were to go down were to get to meas fast as he could, determine if I were conscious or not. If I was wewould determine what to do then, If I was out, he was to get me out ofthe plane by whatever means he could -not sparing the airframe- drag meaway and call for help. As it turns out everything was textbook perfectand as I taxied back in, Andrew following behind on the bike, Idiscovered a small number of fellow aviators had arrived and greeted mewith smiles and waves nearly as energetic as mine. The debriefing wasgreat. I called home at once and we went out for ice cream that night.After a few hours I will have a public debut.> Did you need to change underware ??Nope!________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Steve Eldredge wrote:> > That's Right!> > Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was> picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this> stoked since I got engaged!> > This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance> to write it all down...> > Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just> before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around> noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and> variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup> complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position> and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain> directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm> airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first> turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the> left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure> till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to> downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what> a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off> the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual> yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail> first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight> -keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls> in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the> din of the engine..> > I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!> > Steve Eldredge> > PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to> be processed.> > Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.Congratulations, Steve! Glad you got that first flight in before it gottoo cold (or does the adrenaline keep you warm?)!! I know the wife andchildren are proud, too. When you get to Brodhead, challenge them tofind those longeron scarf joints in the cockpit area. Good luck andenjoy the test flying!Mike List________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Congratulations Steve! Great incentive for the rest of us to continue on. I keep telling my friends I don't know when I'll get it done; but getting there is half the fun! ( comments? ) Well maybe not quite half, compared to that perfect first flight. Thanks for the discription of the flight. I liked the idea of your brother as the rescue committee. Are you sure you trust him with an axe?Many happy landings, John Mc________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > Steve Eldredge
Ian Holland wrote:> Congratulations, Steve! I am very envious, and still about a year behind> you. Mine is sitting on saw horses with tail on, controls in, and centre> wing section attached. It looks good! However, I can't put the wings> together till spring time when I can get into the garage and it's warm> enough for gluing. Plan on doing the feet next. You haven't got a spare 65> hp Continental, or know where there is a Corvair, do you?> All the best, and good flying!> -=Ian=-> Ian,I just bought a friends project and he has a Corvair for sale with a Vi Kaplerprop hub. His name is Tony Silva and can be reached at 941-625-0022> ----------
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Bobby White
Bobby,How long is your field? Is it sloped at all? I have been flying a C-65Piet off an 800 ft farm field. Just a little down hill to the west. Iwas supprised to see how much difference not being exactly level makes.Landing down hill is a little tricky. The 800ft was fine alone. Ihaven't attempted to take a passenger out of the field yet.Craig________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: clawler
Steve, Congratulations on flight. I went to your web page and checked itout. That rascal looks really neat! When you get farther into your testprogram, let me know your estimated take-off and landing distance. I wantto operate out of a small field here in Ar. if I build <rising hanger rent-don't ya know. Thanks/ Happy flyin'Bobby________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dean Dayton
Bob,A friend had powerlines at the end of his field and had them buried. Ithink it was real expensive. I don't have any experience with the O-200,but the power sounds neat.Craig________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> clawler
Hi, Craig -- Greetings to group...field here is also about 800-900ft. non obstructed on one end but(yikes!) power line at other. Here in Ar. the power line people seem toknow where all the possible landing spots may be and placed the lines inthose places :-) At any rate I'll have to choose my flying days approatelyand try to get the company to bury the line If I build, I already have an 0-200, but may go w/65hp. instead (inputwelcome). Also, I'm trying to decide whether to go wood or tube. I really enjoyacetylene welding and would probably enjoy welding together the fuselage.Again advice is needed here. Bobby
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: rdecosta(at)autoeurope.com (Richard DeCosta)
Congratulations Steve. It is nice to learn how you feel after all thoselong hours (days, weeks, years...). I am glad you got there and feel it isworth it. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.> Even at this point I have limited myself to>under 5 knots wind within 15 degrees of the runway no gusts. That is exactly how I tell anyone who wants to learn. I started there andfound myself in the air one day with 20-25 knots at 45 degrees. Had 45minutes to think about it after I took off. Amazingly, I got it down.> I will practice under these conditions and then get more instruction in>crosswind conditions, and wheel landings before opening up the envelope.Just remember when you open the envelope that this is a very light aircraft.Probably lighter than anything you have ever flown. Even after you get iton the ground you have to be very careful of gusts, especially from theside. After almost being overturned while taxiing I took about 15 minutesto taxi back slower than a walk.Good luck and have lots of fun.Ted Brousseau/APFnfn00979(at)gator.naples.netSunny SW Florida________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

> > That's Right!> > Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was> picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this> stoked since I got engaged!> > This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance> to write it all down...> > Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just> before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around> noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and> variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup> complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position> and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain> directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm> airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first> turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the> left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure> till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to> downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what> a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off> the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual> yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail> first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight> -keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls> in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the> din of the engine..> > I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!> > > Steve Eldredge> > PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to> be processed.> > Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: michael list
> > That's Right!> > Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was> picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this> stoked since I got engaged!> > This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance> to write it all down...> > Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just> before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around> noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and> variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup> complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position> and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain> directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm> airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first> turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the> left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure> till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to> downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what> a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off> the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual> yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail> first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight> -keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls> in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the> din of the engine..> > I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!> > > Steve Eldredge> > PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to> be processed.> > Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Dean Dayton
> >> > That's Right!> >> > Just after 1pm this afternoon I took her up! No problems! It was> > picture perfect 15 min flight around the patch. I haven't been this> > stoked since I got engaged!> >> > This is the short version, I'll post the whole story when I get a chance> > to write it all down...> >> > Watched the weather all morning, a mild high pressure system passed just> > before 11am. I decided to make a go of it when my brother called around> > noon. Arrived at the airport just before 1pm Winds were light and> > variable. Preflight and started on the first hand prop. Runup> > complete, and full power run for a few minutes. Taxied into position> > and my flying mindset kicks in. Ease on full power, maintain> > directional control tail comes up, a short run on the mains and I'm> > airborn. Everything is a go and I climb to about 500' before my first> > turn. I'm flying! Did a couple of turns to the right and one to the> > left. Power off at 1200' over the runway striaght ahead, back pressure> > till controls feel a little mushy, full power, nose down left turn to> > downwind. Power on glide at about 60mph. Man I can see everything, what> > a view! Coordinate those shallow turns. Ok final at one mile. Ease off> > the power. Good, Good... Over the numbers at 30' power off. Gradual> > yet constant back pressure. Down, down. Full stick back. Thump. Tail> > first, Just a small trot on the mains then solid ground. Tracks straight> > -keep alert on the rudder.. Taxi back.. What a Rush!!! Brother falls> > in trail on my bike. I let out a yell. He hears it plainly above the> > din of the engine..> >> > I'm still smiling!!!!!!!!!> >> >> > Steve Eldredge> >> > PS. I couldn't get the digital camera so I have to wait for the film to> > be processed.> >> > Dang. Check back on my web site for these photo's in a couple of days.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: !st Flight of Stevee's Air Camper NX7229R!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: clawler
> > Bobby,> > How long is your field? Is it sloped at all? I have been flying a C-65> Piet off an 800 ft farm field. Just a little down hill to the west. I> was supprised to see how much difference not being exactly level makes.> Landing down hill is a little tricky. The 800ft was fine alone. I> haven't attempted to take a passenger out of the field yet.> > Craig________________________________________________________________________________