Pietenpol-List: RE: Steve needs a project

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: Steve needs a project

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "randy.green"
Hey Steve, I know how you can make both of us happy....you can build mea Piet or some other taildragger with a stick. Here are my specs:1) Taildragger2) Stick3) Two passenger (Real people 190 lb each)4) Conventional powerplant (Lycoming, Continential, *RADIAL*)5) MINE...MINE...MINE...I expect to see pictures popping up on your web site any day now. Justsent me the bills as you purchase materials, I'll try to get them pastmy wife. We can work out the details later.I am so tired of renting flying accidents. I was supposed to fly toPhoenix but the plane I was supposed to rent was ground looped and losta wing and propeller! I had a backup plane but had no pilot confidencein it. Somebody touched the wing on landing and you could see shinymetal sticking through the fabric (Ground the spar a bit I suppose)Not to mention the condition of the rest of the aircraft...I drove mytruck. I keep telling my wife that I NEED my own plane. Who knows whatabuse others are putting on the rentals. I can't catch everything on apreflight. STEVE CAN YOU HELP! Desperately seeking wings. =) Youcould save my life man.PS I'll drive a refrigerator right over, just say the word.Carl J. HixonProject Engineer_______________________Dura Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, CA 92121Phone: (619) 784-6747 Fax: (619) 453-2544Web Page: http://www.durapharm.com > Mike, *YOU* seem to know me all too well. Just last night I spent> the whole evening reading the new plansbuilt directory with glee. I> must have a new project you see. Problem is I am in no betterposition> to buy the Stallion or Lionheart kit now than I was three years agowhen> I made the decision to build a Piet! A Steen Skybolt looks like agreat> project. RV's are awesome. I've got this EA-81 core that needs an> airframe, I've got a slightly used set of pietenpol plans, a bunch of> jigs for it hummm... But first my daughters could use some rocking> chairs, and my wife wants a cabinet for her doll collection. We sure> could use a new refrigerator, and I'd love to add to my tool> collection... $$$$________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Steve needs a project

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Larry L. Neal"
Hixon, Carl wrote:> Hey Steve, I know how you can make both of us happy....you can build> me> a Piet or some other taildragger with a stick. Here are my specs:>> 1) Taildragger> 2) Stick> 3) Two passenger (Real people 190 lb each)> 4) Conventional powerplant (Lycoming, Continential, *RADIAL*)> 5) MINE...MINE...MINE...>> I expect to see pictures popping up on your web site any day now.> Just> sent me the bills as you purchase materials, I'll try to get them past>> my wife. We can work out the details later.>> I am so tired of renting flying accidents. I was supposed to fly to> Phoenix but the plane I was supposed to rent was ground looped and> lost> a wing and propeller! I had a backup plane but had no pilot> confidence> in it. Somebody touched the wing on landing and you could see shiny> metal sticking through the fabric (Ground the spar a bit I suppose)> Not to mention the condition of the rest of the aircraft...I drove my> truck. I keep telling my wife that I NEED my own plane. Who knows> what> abuse others are putting on the rentals. I can't catch everything on> a> preflight. STEVE CAN YOU HELP! Desperately seeking wings. =) You> could save my life man.>> PS I'll drive a refrigerator right over, just say the word.>> Carl J. Hixon> Project Engineer__Very clever Carl, very Clever.... But it won't work.SteveE.________________________________________________________________________________