Pietenpol-List: Piet door

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Piet door

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Warren D. Shoun"
Where are the pictures of Richard Decosta? I must have missed the postgiving the address.Thanks in advanceBarry Davisbed(at)mindspring.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet door

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: PTNPOL
Hi Barry: Try http://www.wrld.com/w3builder/pietBarry Davis wrote:> Where are the pictures of Richard Decosta? I must have missed the post> giving the address.>> Thanks in advance> Barry Davis> bed(at)mindspring.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: PTNPOL
http://www.wrld.com/w3builder/piet>Where are the pictures of Richard Decosta? I must have missed the post>giving the address.>>Thanks in advance>Barry Davis>bed(at)mindspring.com>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Hixon, Carl"
>Where are the pictures of Richard Decosta? I must have missed the post>giving the address.>>Thanks in advance>Barry Davis>bed(at)mindspring.com>Here is Richard DeCostas web page >http://www.wrld.com/w3builder/piet/pics.htmlI not sure which ones had the door try the WY pictures. There are several inthis web page. Back to the gear. I building my own and does anyone know how far to move thegear forward? I havent seen anything on it except somewher I read where theymoved it I think 7 inches and the artical said it was a bit to far. duh________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: MOVING gear was:RE: Piet door

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Warren D. Shoun"
> Back to the gear. I building my own and does anyone know how far to move the> gear forward? I haven't seen anything on it except somewhere I read where they> moved it I think 7 inches and the artical said it was a bit to far. duh>RagerI moved my axles forward 5 inches from the plans. I did this in order to put more weight on the tail because I installed brakes and plan on flying off of pavement most of the time. I think I have around 40# tail weight. Not sure how this compares, but I can get the tail off easily by the time I have the power lever at full. I can land 3 point solo, and haven't felt the tail come up during agressive brake tests.for what it's worth....Stevee________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: RE: MOVING gear was:RE: Piet door

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: rdecosta(at)autoeurope.com (Richard DeCosta)
On> Rager> > I moved my axles forward 5 inches from the plans. I did this in order to > put more weight on the tail because I installed brakes and plan on flying > off of pavement most of the time. I think I have around 40# tail weight. Yes this is measured wings level, flying attitude.> Not sure how this compares, but I can get the tail off easily by the time > I have the power lever at full. I can land 3 point solo, and haven't felt > the tail come up during agressive brake tests.> > for what it's worth....> > Stevee________________________________________________________________________________