Pietenpol-List: Re: Plywood Source, 800 #

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: rdecosta(at)autoeurope.com (Richard DeCosta)
Nevermind, I found it. For anyone else who's interested here it is:800-222-7853> >> >> Here is the 800 # again. I found it in my file, but I don't know howto email it to you directly, so I've posted it here.John Fay in Peoria________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: JRoss10612(at)aol.com
I called them, and as it turns out, in order to get a $40 piece of 1/16 5'x5' plywood from their place in Washington State to Main where I live will cost me $34 in shipping & packaging costs! That's almost enough for a 2nd piece! So far, the only other place to get this stuff I know of is Wicks, but their plywood starts at over $100 for the same size! Help! Anyone know of anyplace else, possibly near Maine?Richard> Nevermind, I found it. For anyone else who's interested here it is:> 800-222-7853> > > >> > >> >> > Here is the 800 # again. I found it in my file, but I don't know how> to email it to you directly, so I've posted it here.> > John Fay in Peoria> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ted Brousseau
Rich:Try Harbor Bales Co. Baltimore MD 1-800-345-1712 or fax 410-752-0739 They havemarine and aircraft grade plywood.Also, Maurice Condon Lumber, 250 Ferris Avenue,White Plains NY 10604 they haveA/C grade plywood and wil probably ship.Try to get a copy of Fine Woodworking or Wooden Boat magazine, these containmany vendors of exotic woods. Someone had a source in Boston, but I can'tremember the name. Try any good boat lumber shop, perhaps in the Portlandarea. The Owls Head Museum must obtain it locally, perhaps you might callthem. I know from experience that some builders have excess/left over wood they willpart with for a good deal less than they paid. These pieces are useful forgussets and other small parts. BTW, it pays to order all of your wood at oncebecause of high shipping costs.Hope this helps.Jon Ross RV-8 fuselage________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Skinner
For those of you on the East Coast, a source for plywood and spruce and otherwoods is Condon Lumber in Stormville NY and White Plains NY. I don't have thenumber handy but I'll look it up this weekend. You will want to talk to CondonBennet one of the owners. He used to be one of my students and flies power,gliders and seaplanes.Richard DeCosta wrote:> I called them, and as it turns out, in order to get a $40 piece of> 1/16 5'x5' plywood from their place in Washington State to Main where> I live will cost me $34 in shipping & packaging costs! That's almost> enough for a 2nd piece! So far, the only other place to get this> stuff I know of is Wicks, but their plywood starts at over $100 for> the same size! Help! Anyone know of anyplace else, possibly near> Maine?>> Richard>> > Nevermind, I found it. For anyone else who's interested here it is:> > 800-222-7853> >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> > Here is the 800 # again. I found it in my file, but I don't know how> > to email it to you directly, so I've posted it here.> >> > John Fay in Peoria> >--David B.Schober, CPEInstructor, Aviation MaintenanceFairmont State CollegeNational Aerospace Education CenterRt. 3 Box 13Bridgeport, WV 26330-9503(304) 842-8300________________________________________________________________________________