Pietenpol-List: Looking for ply source

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Looking for ply source

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Peter Knowles
Hi,Has anyone out there found a good source for plywood other than thestand-bys (Wicks and AS&S)? I'm in need of some 1/4" mahogany and some1/8" birch ply to finish off the upper cabin work on the Christavia. I'min Calgary so Western Canadian sources as well as NW USA are preferable.Thanks,Ken________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for ply source

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Ken Beanlands
Ken ,bought birch plywood from jean Peters in Calgary both 1.5mmand 3mmfinland birch don't know if he still has any or not.Also bought marine mahogany from Windsor Plywood in Red Deer think it wasslightly thicker than 3/32 but just under 1/4.They had to order it,but itis very nice stuff.Think they called it Kumme. Was in Calgary on the 15&16 gave you a couple of calls on the phone lastnight (15th),no one haome but the answering machine! Doug Hunt
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for ply source

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> > Ken Beanlands
Thanks, Windsor ply seems to have exactly what I need.Thanks,KenOn Wed, 16 Dec 1998, D.J.H. wrote:> Ken ,bought birch plywood from jean Peters in Calgary both 1.5mmand 3mm> finland birch don't know if he still has any or not.> Also bought marine mahogany from Windsor Plywood in Red Deer think it was> slightly thicker than 3/32 but just under 1/4.They had to order it,but it> is very nice stuff.Think they called it Kumme.> Was in Calgary on the 15&16 gave you a couple of calls on the phone last> night (15th),no one haome but the answering machine!> > > Doug Hunt> > ----------
matronics

> Looking for ply source

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rcaprd(at)aol.com
> > Hi,> > Has anyone out there found a good source for plywood other than the> stand-bys (Wicks and AS&S)? I'm in need of some 1/4" mahogany and some> 1/8" birch ply to finish off the upper cabin work on the Christavia. I'm> in Calgary so Western Canadian sources as well as NW USA are preferable.> > Thanks,> Ken> > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> > Looking for ply source

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gordon Brimhall
> > > > Hi,> > > > Has anyone out there found a good source for plywood other than the> > stand-bys (Wicks and AS&S)? I'm in need of some 1/4" mahogany and some> > 1/8" birch ply to finish off the upper cabin work on the Christavia. I'm> > in Calgary so Western Canadian sources as well as NW USA are preferable.> > > > Thanks,> > Ken> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________