Pietenpol-List: model A water pump, mag

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jeane Tomblin
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Chris Tracy
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "R deCosta"
Gang, I got all my rudder wood cut last night... then for grins, I put my vertical stabilizer up to it... I was surprised to find a good bitof difference (I guess about 1/2" to 5/8") in them at the top! I then went to the plans, and did the math, the rudder is 43 1/2", andthe measurement for the v-stab is 31". I added up the height measurements forthe tail post - 10 7/8", the horizontal stab - 1" and the 31" for thevstab and came up with 42 7/8". That would seem to explain why my vstab is shorter, but am I missing something? Is the vstab shorter to account forlayers of fabric that will be beneath it? Or is this one of those areas where you just sort of wing it and make it work? I can do that, but I wasjust wondering if I had somehow overlooked something........GaryI got the same problem and the same question but I could not find anyanswers in the archives. Is there any one who knows if the plans arewrong????ChrisSacramento, CA________________________________________________________________________________